Alternative way for treating lower back pain
We all occasionally suffer from aches and pains. These aches and pains affect different parts of our bodies and vary in intensity. In some cases, they resolve themselves. Sometimes they don’t.
Pain in the lower back is a very common occurrence and can be one of the more extreme pains that we experience. It also runs along a continuum of temporary to chronic. Living with this pain can seriously impact your life.
You may be aware that there are numerous treatments for lower back pain ranging from pain killers to physical therapy to surgery. An alternative treatment for lower back pain is acupuncture. And in many cases, it provides a much better solution than other treatments.
How does acupuncture relieve back pain?
Acupuncture relieves lower back pain by increasing the blood flow, decreasing inflammation, and reducing muscle spasms. As a result of acupuncture treatments you can expect that your:
- pain will subside,
- sleep will have fewer disruptions due to the pain,
- activity level will increase,
- need for painkillers will subside,
- lost time from work will decrease.
At Springer Acupuncture of Tallahassee, you’ll find the relief you need. When you come to our office we will first work to analyze the reasons for the pain. Based upon that analysis and an examination, an acupuncture treatment plan will be recommended and provided. Some of the factors we will discuss include:
- where the pain is located,
- whether it is the result of degeneration or an injury,
- what the pain sensation is (e.g., dull, burning, sharp),
- if there is numbing,
- how severe the pain is and how long it lasts, and
- if the pain travels to other parts of the body.
We look forward to helping you feel better. Give us a call at (850) 566-4711 to schedule an appointment.